Licensed Professional Counselor
- May 03, 2017
Abraxas Youth & Family Services is hiring for a Licensed Professional Counselor job in Cleveland,OH
**$1,500 Sign on Bonus**
This is a direct care position providing services at the agency and within the community, including home-based care. The candidate for this position provides medically necessary mental health treatment services to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral and psychiatric issues. The position provides assessment; treatment planning; individual, family and/or group therapy; collaborative case management; monitoring; and supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates behavioral and emotional issues of clients and develops specific behavior modification treatment plan.
- Conducts psycho educational assessments.
- Conducts family assessments.
- Identifies presenting problem and develops a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Provides individual, family, and group therapy in accordance with the client's treatment plan.
- Observes and documents treatment interventions, behavior, and client progression.
- Interprets treatment objectives and assists treatment staff members in providing integrated services.
- Develops and maintains a current list of resources that include self-help and support groups to ensure comprehensive services are available to the client and their families.
- Provides screening and assessment; including diagnosis, when appropriate to scope of practice, for adult client population.
- Conducts file reviews in accordance with referral source contract and The Joint Commission Accreditation Guidelines.
- Conducts peer reviews and record reviews.
- Works to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
**$1,500 Sign on Bonus**
This sign-on bonus is only offered to a new employee as an incentive to join our company. Current, former, or temporary employees are not eligible for this bonus.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science field and one year related experience working with children and adolescents with mental health concerns and their families that includes assessment and therapy; AND
- PC or LSW with experience providing mental health and alcohol and drug addiction counseling.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employees' state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Abraxas is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
Abraxas began in Marienville, Pennsylvania in 1973 with only one site and only 30 clients. Now, Abraxas Youth & Family Services extends to five states and operates 13 residential programs, numerous community based programs, two detention centers, two shelters and alternative education programs in Illinois and Pennsylvania.
Equal Opportunity Employer