HUD Accounts Payable
- Kansas City,MO
- Apr 14, 2017
1010 W 39th Street - Kansas City, Missouri, 64111
Center for Developmentally Disabled is hiring for a HUD Accounts Payable job in Kansas City,MO
Responsible for paying all HUD project payables on a monthly basis, maintaining HUD project files, and helping to coordinate payments from the HUD accounts with the CDD and Client Fund payments. Functions as a member of the accounting team, performing clerical duties and assisting office staff in day-to-day operations. The HUD Accounts Payable person is directly supervised by the Accounting Manager and is jointly evaluated by the Accounting Manager.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sorts Items in the Accounting Mailbox and distributes to the appropriate person;
- Tracks and logs utility bills for all properties and produces check requests for utility bills;
- Tracks HUD account balances; submits check requests; and produces checks for HUD accounts;
- Tracks and reconciles all Home Depot Expenditures; prepares check requests;
- Produces invoices for residents who do maintenance work for the agency;
- Receives all receipts from purchases made agency wide, codes, checks for compliance, timeliness, required signage, and distributes receipts to the correct persons;
- Alerts managers of errors or problems with receipts turned in for processing;
- Prepares check requests for resident birthdays and sends birthday cards to residents each month;
- Attends training as scheduled and accepts other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Professional and positive
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client focused
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Also requires walking up and down stairs as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- One year of administrative experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree
- Two years of related experience
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!
CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer