- Apr 21, 2017
McLane Northwest is hiring for a Dispatchers job in Tacoma,WA
McLane Northwest is hiring for a Dispatchers job in Lakewood,WA
DISPATCHER | McLANE NORTHWEST (Lakewood, WA)
Do you have experience in Transportation or Distribution, working with DOT regulations? Are you looking to join the best team in the industry? McLane Company is looking for a DISPATCHER for their distribution center in Lakewood, Washington. Our support teammates have spirit, sincerity and a dedication to service and we’re looking for more of it. Bring yours and roll with us.
- Experience in a Multi-State Transportation/Distribution Industry REQUIRED (3 years in a similar function preferred)
- Prior experience working with DOT regulations and up to 100 drivers
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong communicator (both verbal & written)
- You are strong in math and map-reading
- You can demonstrate competency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other applications related to scheduling and time-keeping
About our Dispatchers:
Shift: 4 PM - 2 AM Mon - Thur & 8 PM - 6 am Friday
- Possess very strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with drivers, customers, and managers.
- Monitor compliance for policies, regulations and best practices for our driver teammates, including logging hours of service regulations, delivery and credit policies, etc.
- Fill routes and assign tractor/trailer assignments, based on driver availability daily using the standby and extra board lists and then develop and update driver and driver helper dispatch schedule daily.
- Must have good judgment and ability to provide guidance for drivers on company policy decisions (i.e. customer returns outside of policy); providing work direction for a large group of drivers on a daily basis. Must be confident in leadership skills, as they are the only person providing direction during certain times.
- Provide daily contact for customers, especially in the evening when customer service is not available. This includes resolving driver/store conflicts and advising of delivery time variances.
- Prepare daily records, communications, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and Department of Transportation (DOT) files.
- Complete transportation paperwork including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps etc.
- Verify equipment "readiness" with Transportation Shop.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
- Provides input on hiring, firing, and performance of a large population of drivers.
McLane is a drug and alcohol free workplace. McLane follows federal DOT guidelines.
Must be able to pass drug and extensive background screening (includes Marijuana)
How to Learn More/Apply
No phone calls please
DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON
We receive a high volume of applications so your patience is greatly appreciated since it could take up to 2 weeks before you’re called.