- Jul 17, 2017
Martin Marietta is hiring for a Driver Mixer job in Austin,TX
Hiring retention Bonus $2000!
Under the direction of the Plant Operator or Supervisor, the Mixer Operator will operate ready mix trucks between plant locations.
- Prescription Drug
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- And much more
- Perform daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Use water hoses to clean mixer between loads
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer
- Communicate and direct coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals
- Provide appropriate documentation on delivery tickets
- Ensure all delivery tickets are signed and returned to Martin Marietta Materials/Ready Mix
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site
- Maintain good customer relations by acting in a professional, courteous manner
- Assist in training of co-workers as needed
Driver Minimum Education and Experience
- Must possess a Class B CDL license or better
- Must have clean driving history and focus on safety
- One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 12 feet
- Able to work up to 12 hour maximum driving time per day/AR DOT
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Ability to use vibration tools
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
Most time is spent outside in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.