- May 19, 2017
12001 Guilford Rd. - Annapolis Junction, Maryland, 20701
Corman Construction Inc. is hiring for a Carpenter job in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Pay Rate: $26.81/hour + $8.13/hour fringes
1st and 2nd Shift positions availalbe
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following ( others may be assigned ):
- Studies/understands blueprints, sketches, or bridge plans for information on materials needed.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials;
- Prepares layout;
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, and marks cutting lines on materials;
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements;
- Nails cleats (braces) across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms;
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts, for use in building concrete piers, footing, and walls;
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue;
- Sets expansion dams;
- Assemble or run overhang modules or stick built overhangs;
- Climb wing walls, retaining walls;
- Assemble wood deck forms; erects scaffolding and ladders to assemble above-ground structures.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete; also assists in pouring concrete.
Education and Experience
- Carpenter Training Program or equivalent, or experience in bridge work (i.e., bridge formwork).
- Work with level and work at heights while tied-off to fall protection.
- Skilled in use of hand and power tools.
- Able to read rule and blue prints.
- Understand English.
- Calculate figures/amounts, such as area; read rule; calculate measurements; apply basic geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- AWS or state certified if welding is part of job and certification required by job owner.
Applicants interested in this position may Apply in Person at:
12001 Guilford Rd.
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Or click the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume now!
For additional information, call us at (301) 953-0900.
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.