Small Business Account Executive - San Antonio, TX - Veteran's Welcome - Veteran's Welcome
- San Antonio,TX
- Jul 17, 2017
Strong convictions lead to great sales and promotions. At UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, we all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. You'll work with an elite team as an Account Executive to promote health care sales and market products through a defined list of agents and brokers. You'll help write the history of UnitedHealth Group when you focus on the small business market segment (up to 99 employees) to help employees improve their health care. Take your passion for small business and caring attitude and do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go when you use your solid knowledge of competitive products to help small businesses. You will use independent judgment and be empowered to recommend products to customers. Your strong relationships with customers, brokers and consultants and strong product knowledge and advice will grow sales and help heal the health care system.
- Identify potential health care business customers
- Develop business relationships with agents and / or brokers in order to increase sales
- Independently decides which brokers to focus on and which products to recommend
- Promote sales of health care products to small business (2 to 99 employees) customers, through brokers (This includes educating and keeping brokers up to date on products and pricing; evaluating and discussing with brokers, developing recommendations on which products to market against competing products)
- Attains regional and health plan goals related to specific targets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in sales in the insurance industry required, selling HMO, POS, PPO and ancillary products
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing skills
- Ability to work independently to establish and grow relationships in the broker community for the small business market in the assigned geographic area
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: sales, small business, brokers, insurance, San Antonio, TX, Texas