Field Service Technician - Veteran's Welcome
- Jul 24, 2017
- Grounds Maintenance : General Grounds Maintenance
The Field Service Technician performs scheduled preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Schedules and plans service calls.
- Prepares equipment, tools and materials required for service work. Cleans and performs preventative maintenance on various equipment.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and repairs. Troubleshoots equipment and other on-site problems and makes recommendations to clients. Operates service vehicle.
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
- Responds to after hour calls.
- Maintains documentation, including maintenance and inspection records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to work all shifts, including: weekends, holidays, evening and 24-hour emergency on call.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years of experience or equivalent training.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License Other licenses (may vary according to specific site and assignments)
Technical: Ability to follow manual & operating instructions. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Working knowledge of all preventative and corrective maintenance activities associated with the operation of water/wastewater treatment facilities.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves problems. Escalates issues accordingly. Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
Managing For Results: Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow & scheduling.
Leadership & Initiative: Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for development.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.