- Jun 11, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Hartzell Propeller is the leading manufacturer of aircraft propeller systems for general aviation, supplying propeller systems for aircraft manufacturers and modifiers around the world. We are a small, team-oriented company where individual contributions are encouraged and recognized. We are located in Piqua, Ohio, approximately 25 miles north of Dayton – the birthplace of aviation. Piqua is a community of 22,000, which offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is still an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati.
Hartzell Propeller Inc. seeks an employee for their Composite facility to perform Composite Layup. The employee will be required to follow documented work instructions to manually lay-up composite propeller blades and to follow inspection plans to ensure the quality of the blades. The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Read, understand, and execute detailed work instructions
- Accurately hand place composite material patterns over foam cores, precision molds, or composite work pieces.
- Understand and operate composite material molding equipment.
- Using hand tools to trim, sand, or grind composite components.
- Maintain and clean composite product tooling.
- Accurately complete paperwork and system transactions to ensure composite component traceability
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required; experience with surface finishing tools and composite applications a plus; willingness to work overtime and any shift
Required Technical Competencies
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience with inspection gauges
- Ability to read and follow manuals and inspection methods
- Manual Dexterity
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Required Behavioral Competencies
Applied Learning – Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Quality Oriented – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
- Trainee rate starts at $18/hour. Once trained opportunity to earn up to $24.81/hour.
- Eligible for competitive benefits package on date of hire
- Three weeks of vacation first year; pro-rated based on start date
Apply on-line at www.hartzellprop.com