Sr. Financial Analyst
- Jun 18, 2019
- Accounting/Finance : General Accounting-Finance
Join a Global Leader in Aviation Security!
Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
ACTS-Aviation Security Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Analyst at our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA
Established in 2001, ACTS-Aviation Security has grown to become one of the leading providers of security solutions to the US aviation market. ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the international security company ICTS Europe and specializes in the provision of security solutions and services; primarily focused on catering, aircraft and cargo screening. With corporate offices in Chicago and Atlanta, and operational centers at more than 30 airports across the United States, ACTS provides nationwide coverage. As an ICTS Europe subsidiary, ACTS offers unmatched experience, expertise, quality and innovation. ACTS employees are proud of their role in aviation security and have the opportunity for advancement – the ideal place to build a career in aviation security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing ongoing strategic analysis for Finance, Schedule Planning and Integrated Planning for the support of certain strategic business decisions, including long term financial projections, business case feasibility, and alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Preparing routine and ad hoc reporting and analysis of ACTS, Inc., and its competitors.
- Analyzing acquired data, drawing meaningful conclusions, and summarizing findings in Executive-level presentations.
- Developing and analyzing operating targets for the annual budget process; analyzing and validating forecast-to-forecast changes and providing high-level summary reports to senior management.
- Developing budget and forecast models in conjunction with the operating units are required.
- Developing and creating profit & loss reports, analyze actual results against budget and forecasting and preparing written analyses as required.
- Conducting and supporting ad-hoc analyses on issues throughout ACTS-Aviation Security as assigned.
- Perform month-end/year-end close
- General ledger journal entries
- Maintain prepaid and accrual accounts
- Monitor and audit general ledger postings from field units
- Control account reconciliations
- Financial reporting as required
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Capital expenditure tracking
- Fixed asset accounting
- Create and amend the internal controls, policies, and procedures
Purchasing Agent Skills and Qualifications:
- Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required; Accounting, Business, Economics, Math majors preferred.
- 5+ years of prior financial analysis experience required.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management and SAP Business Warehouse preferred.
- Service industry, security management, airport, airline experience preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, and draw valid conclusion in a timely matter.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively, using supporting tables, graphs, and presentation quality materials when required.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Normal office environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust - keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused - the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit - integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
ACTS-Aviation Security is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities