Certified PA Drug and Alcohol Counselor - Part Time position
- Aug , 7
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Benefits and Perks
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but we offer a competitive wage as well as a shift differential. You would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401K, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off.
Reports to the Health and Wellness Administrator. Responsible for the design, development and coordination of the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program. This position is 23 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Designs, develops and implements all programs related to substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant and Health Services staff, center physician and Center Director.
3. Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate substance use and abuse.
4. Conducts in-service training sessions with both staff and students in all areas related to substance use and abuse.
5. Submits recommendations to the Academy Director for medical terminations related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, center physician, Health and Wellness Administrator, etc.
6. Acts as liaison between center and agency resource and referral contacts.
7. Monitors behavior and progress of students involved in the TEAP Program.
8. Maintains confidential reports and records on all referrals and cases.
9. Prepares and submits appropriate reports as required.
10. Attends required staff training sessions.
11. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
12. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
13 Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field. Must have state certification in alcohol and drug counseling. Three years of work-related experience.
Prefer Master’s degree and previous experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential setting.
Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Broad-based knowledge of counseling techniques. Knowledgeable in the area of alcohol and other drugs of abuse intervention programs. Ability to design, develop and implement a program related to alcohol and other drugs of abuse and interventions. Training skills in both individual and group counseling methods. Good organizational skills. Must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate effectively and relate to trainee population
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job Corps is the largest nationwide residential career training program in the country and has been operating for more than 50 years. The program helps eligible young people ages 16 through 24 complete their high school education, trains them for meaningful careers, and assists them with obtaining employment. Job Corps has trained and educated over two million individuals since 1964.
At Job Corps, students have access to room and board while they learn skills in specific training areas for up to three years. In addition to helping students complete their education, obtain career technical skills and gain employment, Job Corps also provides transitional support services, such as help finding employment, housing, child care, and transportation. Job Corps graduates either enter the workforce or an apprenticeship, go on to higher education, or join the military.