- Aug , 7
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Benefits and Perks
NO WEEKENDS, EVENINGS, OR HOLIDAYS. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but we offer a competitive wage as well as a shift differential. You would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401K, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off.
Reports to the Career Technical Training Manager. Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area. NO WEEKENDS, EVENINGS, OR HOLIDAYS
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
3. Meets SMART Goals established by management every Program Year.
4. Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
5. Instructs in the following: overview of career opportunities within health care; communication and observation skills; medical law; ethics and confidentiality; psychological aspects of patient care; basic medical terminology; basic anatomy and physiology; safety and emergency first aid; basic infection control concepts; core procedures for healthcare workers, phlebotomy, EKG theory and practice, clinical procedures and prescriptions.
6. Establishes a high degree of student / instructor rapport
7. Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
8. Responsible for adequate classroom preparation.
9. Maintains student personnel folders.
10. Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area.
11. Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
12. Ensures security measures are taken for building and equipment.
13. Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
14. Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations.
15. Assists Supervisor during scheduled inventory.
16. Attends required staff training sessions.
17. Adheres to all aspects of ODLE’s Quality Assurance Plan.
18. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
19. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
20. Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certified Registered Nurse, Teaching the Educator (TTE) certification or eligibility for this certification which requires one year experience in a long term care facility.
- No teaching experience required, however, candidate must have practical experience in the subject area.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Knowledge of required subject area. Ability to transfer topical knowledge to meet specific learning objectives fluently in English. Ability to compose descriptive reports. Able to use appropriate techniques to implement programmatic activities. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to motivate and inspire students and effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job Corps is the largest nationwide residential career training program in the country and has been operating for more than 50 years. The program helps eligible young people ages 16 through 24 complete their high school education, trains them for meaningful careers, and assists them with obtaining employment. Job Corps has trained and educated over two million individuals since 1964.
At Job Corps, students have access to room and board while they learn skills in specific training areas for up to three years. In addition to helping students complete their education, obtain career technical skills and gain employment, Job Corps also provides transitional support services, such as help finding employment, housing, child care, and transportation. Job Corps graduates either enter the workforce or an apprenticeship, go on to higher education, or join the military.