IT Project Manager
- Aug 29, 2019
- Computers/IT : General Computers-IT
8653 E. Hwy 67 Alvarado, Texas, 76009
Division: Alvarado, Texas
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Reports to: Director of IT
Scope of Responsibility: The IT Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more business units, managing resources, schedules, costs and adherence to quality and System Development Life Cycle guidelines, ensuring successful integration of software into sustainable business processes. This also includes the coordination of resources for the identification and resolution of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful on-time project delivery.
The IT Project Manager has the authority to lead assigned projects on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost, ultimately to achieve project objectives.
- Manage all assigned projects that span one or more Business Units
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for assigned projects
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, communications, schedule, resources, budget, risks, issues, and vendor management
- Manage project scope and changes
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Develop and deliver proposals, progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including the project team, stakeholders, the Director of IT and executive sponsor(s)
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Full lifecycle ownership of all assigned projects: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one or more simultaneous projects
- Additional duties as assigned
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- 2+ years of successful project management experience, including project matrix team leadership
- 1+ years of experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Technology or related field required, with a BA/BS Degree preferred. 5+ years of relevant PM experience may be substituted for this higher education requirement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions in work flow and constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time with the ability to move throughout the office or outside manufacturing plant as needed.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of fingers, hands and arms, such as sitting, typing, using office equipment and reaching. Some additional physical activities may require walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity