QC Visual Inspector - Night Shift
- Fort Worth,TX
- Aug 29, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
5750 I-20 Fort Worth, Texas, 76119
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects parts to blue prints/design drawings.
- Performs Visual Weld Inspections to the requirements of AWS D1.1.
- Cross train in other areas of Quality Control Department and fill in when need arises.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurately and neatly completed including pictures of loads.
- Uses various dimensioning tools (i.e. 25/50 foot tape measure, 6” rules, combination squares, levels, etc) to ensure proper coatings have been applied when required.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with personnel of Quality Department and all departments at Sabre.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred.
- One year in Quality Control or related field in a manufacturing environment.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Be able to accurately verify all parts to print using a tape measure.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints/design drawings.
- Must be able to conduct dimensional inspections using various dimensioning tools (i.e., 25/50 foot tape measures, 6" rules, combination squares, levels etc.)
- Must be able to meet the AWS D1.1 requirements of a visual weld inspector.
- Have the ability to perform work functions while standing for long periods of time.
- Have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Have the ability to climb and bend over in order to perform inspections.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to all climates.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions in work flow and constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time with the ability to move throughout the office or outside manufacturing plant as needed.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of fingers, hands and arms, such as sitting, typing, using office equipment and reaching. Some additional physical activities may require walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
Monday - Friday, 3:30pm -1am, Overtime and Weekends as needed
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity