CNC Programmer I
- Sep , 5
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Conroe, TX 77303
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Scope of Responsibility: This position is responsible for processing production parts that are to be burned, drilled, and/or punched through the necessary equipment to generate CNC programs. The CNC Programmer will also complete production and order processing, record drawings, anchor bolt setting templates, and initiate material requirements for select orders.
- Uses Auto-Cad to interpret a print of a part to be burned, drilled, and/or punched for the purpose of supplying the CNC machines with needed information to produce the part
- Communicates with multiple internal departments to keep abreast of changes in part dimensions, production scheduling of parts and manufacturing needs to complete order
- Prepares material requirements for Purchasing Department and processes orders for manufacturing
- Utilizes excess inventory in the most efficient way to substitute and/or modify existing assemblies or parts to fill in existing orders
- Updates program files in manufacturing CNC machines
- Prepares anchor bolt setting templates.
- Manages project schedules using various computer programs
- Works under minimal supervision
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, cleanliness, and organization of assigned work areas
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or any combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of previous CNC programming experience at the shop floor level in a steel manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to do basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, trigonometry, division and algebra, with both fractions and decimals.
- Must possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD experience with Pronest, AutoCAD, and SDS is strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to follow directions and use sound judgment in accomplishing tasks assigned
- Possesses superior knowledge of company ERP/MRP software and its application
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints or drawings in order to program multiple machines to cut, drill, and/or punch product needed using multiple CNC programming software packages
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of hands, and arms
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as a computer, copier, and phone most of the day.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
- Must have the ability to regularly use hands to type, finger, handle, or fell and reach with hands and arms.
- Position is frequently require to sit; talk and hear
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity