SAS Part Time Lead Merchandiser
- Sep , 9
- Retail : General Retail
SAS Part Time Lead Merchandiser
Are you looking to join a team for a fast-growing company that can offer you flexible scheduling, competitive rates, and the possibility for advancement as you move throughout your career? If so, SAS Retail Services has a great opportunity for you!
As an SAS team member, you will partner with retailers to enhance the consumer’s shopping experience. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong communication flow between all parties as well as supporting the team by providing the necessary tools to execute our services in the most efficient manner while delivering high-quality results. At SAS we do what it takes to get the job done, while at the same time having fun!
At SAS Retail Services, we hire talented associates like you and give you the tools and training you need to succeed and advance in your career. As a large growing company with a national and global reach, our company offers you many opportunities to learn new skills and seek higher positions. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Competitive pay
- Leading a team of Retail Merchandisers, ensuring new or changing products are safely and efficiently stocked and aligned with the Retailer store schematic
- Updating merchandise displays ensuring displays are clean and fresh! Ensuring that plans and changes to store schedule are adhered to
- Capturing and logging information such as reporting team attendance, reporting shelf status and hours on a daily basis
- Training and mentoring new Retail Merchandisers
- Previous merchandising and/or retail experience preferred
- High School diploma preferred
- Ability to read a store schematic and be attentive to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Representative (RSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territory through effective fact-based selling and relationship building with retail account’s operations personnel at store and market (district) level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores and markets
- Delivering consistent market level contact as per client standards
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client brands. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
- Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned stores and markets
- Delivering a positive gap versus Non-DRT
- Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
- Analyze and develop business plans each trimester that identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory. This business plan would include a review of the previous trimester, analysis of upcoming POS to plan goals, opportunities to close gaps, an action plan with specific territory goals and time table.
Organizing and Planning
- Follow team sales call standards and effectively orchestrate a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and the retail customer.
- Administration/Reporting- complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
- (Required)High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- (Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.