- Mc Lean,VA
- Sep 11, 2019
- Management : General Management
|Description||Every employee of Vinson Hall Retirement Community and Navy Marine Coast Guard Residence Foundation is responsible for carrying out the Mission of VHRC/NMCGRF, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations
Under administrative direction of the Director of Philanthropy and Engagement, provides administrative coordination, data management, and support for the Navy Marine Coast Guard Residence Foundation’s Philanthropy and Engagement team.
1. Supports Director of Philanthropy and Engagement in all philanthropy and engagement activities.
2. Responsible for Donor Database Management, including processing for all gifts to the foundation. Duties include the accurate entry of data for donor and prospect records, and the productions of lists and reports. Documents and enters pledges and gifts and produce acknowledgment letters within 48 hours from the receipt of gift.
3. Responsible for the maintenance of donor database and records. Assures integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc. Audits data entry for errors or incorrect codes. Maintains appropriate records of batches, paper files, and other records related to contributions.
4. Provides support with fundraising activities, including all appeals, publications, reports, special events, donor tracking, and donor reporting.
5. Assists Director of Philanthropy and Engagement with Community Benefit (Social Accountability) Program.
6. Manages solicitation lists and invitations for annual fundraising/development events.
7. Assists with various fundraising activities including tracking event RSVPs and handling all incoming inquiries from attendees.
8. Assists with prospect research including researching public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding.
9. Screens and responds to donor/member inquiries via phone and e-mail.
10. Serves as a liaison with other departments, and provides administrative support to staff as needed.
• Must have a college degree or related experience
• Knowledge and experience working with a donor database, including but not limited to: Gift Works, Raiser's Edge, Donor Perfect, IMIS, ACT, Team Approach, etc. preferred
• Experience working in retirement communities and/or the nonprofit sector
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Ability to work within deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Ability to be flexible when required during events etc.
Responsibilities require moderate physical effort. Handles/lifts medium weight packages or equipment (FedEx, bundles of mail, reams of copy paper, boxes of calendars, display units, etc.). Sustains physical activities such as continual bending/stooping for filing; using computer keyboard, and other office equipment.