- Fort Worth,TX
- Sep 17, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Scope of Responsibility:
- Perform general maintenance duties for large manufacturing facility
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, overhead crane systems, and production machines; follows diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools and electrical measurement tools.
- Controls downtime performing routine preventive maintenance and monitoring production equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned, directed, requested, or needed
- Basic Safety Understanding
- Industrial Production Equipment Maintenance
- Electrical knowledge
- Overhead Crane
- Technical Aptitude and Ability
- Power Tools
- Attention to Detail
- TEAM PLAYER
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Good hand eye coordination
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials
- Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
SABRE INDUSTRIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!