Director of Project Management
- Fort Worth,TX
- Sep 17, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Scope of Responsibility: The Director of Project Management is responsible for proactively providing direction, leadership and coordination to the Project Management Department, including project strategies, staffing and development. Reporting directly to the President of the business unit act as a liaison between Sabre/FWT and clients by providing excellent service to the customer
- Oversee the Project Management department, to ensure on time and effective management of projects from initial award to final invoicing.
- Maintain an environment of continuous improvement. Continually evaluate & monitor the changing business environment and change current processes as necessary to address gaps and eliminate waste.
- Manage assigned staff providing positive, credible, and energetic leadership. Proactively assess competencies, provide training and development as needed to develop high caliper team.
- Develop keys metrics, track and communicate to organization; develop solutions for improvements.
- Drive change thru order process, ensure compliance and track impact.
- Effectively run weekly call; develop tools, track compliance and encourage engagement.
- Keep business unit management appraised on client field issues and performance in a timely manner so these issues can be addressed expeditiously.
- Collaborate with all departments such as manufacturing, purchasing, quality scheduling, and sales to ensure accuracy, collaboration and on time delivery of products to customers
- Ensure consistent communication and develop relationships with key customers.
- Lead team to drive strong customer service -Maintaining Client relations with an eye to maintaining contracts and customer loyalty.
- Communicates directly with customer, purchasing agents, engineers, field supervisors, project managers, and vendors.
- Manage teams to ensure teams drive projects milestones to ensure on time project completions i.e. monthly invoicing, major project activity, and daily job report).
- Works with Sales team to cultivate and maintain clients.
- Participate in offsite client meetings and dinners as needed.
- Attend trade shows or conferences as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned, directed, requested, or needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. Minimum 7 to 10 years utility transmission industry experience preferred and 5 to 8 years sales or project management experience.
- At least five years of customer service experience and/or project management.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to function as a change agent to quickly develop, organize and streamline project management operations. Sees “big picture” and is able to stay focused.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to assess a variety of abstract facts, formulate reasoned alternatives and positively communicate decisions and solutions.
- Track record of building support and credibility with all levels of employees. Develop strong working relationships.
- Maintains confidences and ensures appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Possesses a high energy level and enthusiasm with the ability to focus on agreed recommendations and results.
- Ability to lead teams effectively through strong leadership skills and team development.
- Ability to build an effective team, develop core competencies, recruit and retain top talent.
- Ability to drive transformation and change management. Strive for excellence.
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems.
- Strong collaborations skills, working with multiple departments and employees.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing priorities.
- Ability to resolve issues and deal with constraints.
- Ability to perceive the impact of decisions across departments.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral as well as strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent comprehension and information retention.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an ability to use and/or recommend technology/tool development to streamline processes.
- Ability to have a general understanding of blueprint/drawings, and customer specifications.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task in a fast pace work environment.
SABRE INDUSTRIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER