Ready Mix Area Sales Manager
- Oct , 2
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Job Locations US-TX-San Antonio
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for providing leadership to and effectively manage Ready Mix sales staff and overall sales function in assigned market area. Key accountabilities of the position include: assisting in the development and execution of a strategic marketing plan for long term growth, contributing to the development of pricing strategy for the market area and overseeing customer sales, budgeting, forecasting, and producing regular reports of progress. Maintain continuous contact with operations as to material availability and product needs. Manage major accounts/contracts and seek out, negotiate, and bring to completion contractual relationships. Develop yearly sales budgets based on market intelligence acquired through customer interaction, Department of Transportation spending, and other market informational tools. Manage and enter sales orders. Work effectively with district personnel regarding daily sales decisions, new accounts and accounts receivable.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales/Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5-7 years sales experience in the Ready Mix/Concrete industry in a complex market
- Proven sales, negotiation and customer service skills; demonstrated capacity to develop rational pricing strategies and sales forecasting
- Ready Mix/Concrete Industry Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and in CRM systems
- In depth working knowledge of Sandler Sales Training
- Ability to travel overnight as needed
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation – Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.martinmarietta.com/Careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.