Material Handler (M.O. -Light)
- Oct , 2
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Department: Production - Angle
Job Title: Machine Operator - Light
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Scope of Responsibility: This position supports the production department by ensuring materials and products are staged for fabrication and production.
- Stocks, kits, bands, and moves materials.
- Safely operates forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment such as banders, grinders, overhead cranes and hoists, plasma cutter, etc. as needed.
- Uses Travelers (paperwork) to verify materials, and enter completed kits into the MES system.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity with regards to professional behavior and safety.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization, and cleanliness in your area of operation.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating and working well with others, as well as accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years recent experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Must possess the ability to accurately read and measure with a measuring tape
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills (in English), along with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and contribute to the success of the team.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and routinely exert up to 30 pounds of physical force.
- Must be able to reach, climb in/out of forklift, bend, stoop, sit, stand and grasp.
- Must be able to drive an operate a forklift and pass Sabre's forklift certification.
- Must be able to pass commercial driver's vision test requirements
- Position requires work in a plant/manufacturing environment. Required PPE includes safety glasses, steel-toe metatarsal boots and hearing protection worn at all times on the production floor in addition to other job specific PPE that is required to be worn while performing specific tasks.
- Environment may include fluctuations in temperature, dust, and noise.
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!