Elevator Constructor Apprentice
- Oct 15, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Elevator Constructor Apprentice
The International Union of Elevator Constructors Joint Apprentice Training Program for LOCAL 31 HOUSTON, TEXAS will be ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ONLINE ONLY. Please apply at NEIEP.ORG/CAREERS.aspx from 12:00AM OCTOBER 31, 2019 through 12:00AM NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
VETERANS AND ALL OTHER CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW ARE WELCOME TO APPLY!
WE ENCOURAGE WOMEN TO APPLY!
Elevator Constructor Apprentices are responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters, and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
This description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for performance of the Elevator Constructor Apprentice position. Other duties may be assigned and this is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- Manually loads, unloads and moves materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Manually cleans elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
- Manually paints machine rooms and pit.
- Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
- Maintains elevator lighting fixtures.
- Visually and audibly monitors equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply.
- Applicants must possess and upload an original copy of a H.S. Diploma, H.S. Transcript, or GED with their online application.
- Applicants must pass an examination designed to test reading, math skills, and aptitude for employment in the elevator industry.
- Applicants will take a Tool Assessment designed to assess knowledge of basic tools and their use, as well as basic measuring skills.
- All Applicants must be capable of performing the physical requirements of the job without posing a threat to the health and safety of themselves or others.
- Upon selection, applicants must pass a drug test. (Paid by the employer)
- A photo ID must be presented during the application process.
- There is a $25 fee required on TEST DAY (ONLY A MONEY ORDER OR BANK CERTIFIED CHECK WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO CASH, NO PERSONAL CHECKS). Fee waivers may be requested and will be approved upon showing verifiable proof of financial need.
- The exam will be administered at a later date.
Employment as an Elevator Constructor presents an extremely challenging, yet highly rewarding career to individuals with strong ambition, solid skills, and a willingness to learn. Our Apprenticeship Training Program provides highly qualified mechanics to an industry that insists on superior quality and craftsmanship.
For more information and to APPLY ONLINE go to: https://www.neiep.org/careers.aspx. Click on the "All Other Apprenticeships” tab in the center of the page. Select the HOUSTON recruitment.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY from 12:00AM OCTOBER 31, 2019 through 12:00AM NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
Any questions regarding the application process please e-mail the Local Area Coordinator at: email@example.com
The Elevator Industry is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age (40 or older), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, marital status, arrest record, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.