Director of Quality
- Oct 22, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Department: Quality, Utility Division
Job Title: Director of Quality
Reports to: VP of Quality
Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for oversite of NCR process to develop consistent data measurement across 5 facilities. Responsible for plant level descriptive analytics to enable accurate executive management decisions via legitimate data with integrity to given results. Responsible for oversite of plant level dashboards reporting on quality metrics to enable team problem solving and business excellence.
- Assess current data sources, align methods and test accuracy of that data across all facilities to capture accurate Cost of Quality.
- Assess current data sources, align methods and test accuracy of that data across all facilities and capture accurate Nonconformance Reporting data to the point of understanding true root cause.
- Assess current data sources, align methods and test accuracy of that data across all facilities and coach to plant level metrics for quality specific dashboards.
- Provide oversite of plant level CIR/NCR Data to drive consistency of responses and to broadcast. countermeasures and improvement across all plants for consistent plant conformance and maintenance.
- Domestic Travel Required – 40% as needed to Sabre facilities and Customer Locations
- Additional duties as assigned
- Provide leadership and coaching of plant level COQ and NCR activities, meetings, continual improvement events.
- Provide leadership and coaching of division level continual improvement events in relation to known inefficiencies (manufacturing or system) and potential compliance violations in code or customer requirements.
- Developmentally Coach our leaders, supervisors, and associates in problem solving methods, standard operating procedures (business and manufacturing), consistent reporting, and especially interaction with our clientele.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – prefer Engineering, Project, Operational or Quality Management
- A minimum of 3-5 years as a Quality Director in a similar environment preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- ASTM Pressure Vessel or AWS D1.1 Experience Preferred – background in SAW, and or GMAW welding
- NACE Experience Preferred – background in galvanizing, coatings, or plating
- ASQ Certification Preferred – CQE, CQM/OE, or CQA
- PMI Certification Preferred - PMP or CAPM
- Knowledge of heavy manufacturing (fabrication, machinery) required.
- Knowledge and mastery of known quality management tools (7 quality tools).
- Knowledge of how to manage and can provide past examples of tactical and strategic management across multiple facilities and across multiple states
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to walk and perform activities that require considerable use of arms and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling materials - within an office, manufacturing environment and potentially client based outside utilities, such as storage yards, utility lines and customer testing facilities
- Must be willing to visit customer and client locations in an open environment, possibly exposed to extreme temperatures while maintaining a safe work ethic and using proper PPE as required for the occasion.
Sabre-Wide Cultural Elements:
Cares about our customer, each other and the product/outcome they deliver
Leads with questions to understand the how and why so that we can improve
Competes with a passion to achieve uncommon results
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!