- Fort Worth,TX
- Oct 22, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Position Summary: Working under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Manager and the assigned lead person, the Machine Operator C is responsible for the cutting, laying out, punching, bending, drilling and stamping of materials as detailed on the shop drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the sequence of operation by reading the shop drawings, specifications (if supplied) and all work orders.
- Cuts, lays out, punches, bends, drills or stamps materials as detailed on the shop drawings with minimal operator defects.
- Changes or replaces tooling and/or consumables on the machines as needed.
- Uses proper setting technique of the machines to avoid damage to the machines.
- Accurately reads and understand a tape measure to 1/16 inch.
- Follows assigned work instructions to prepare items to be processed.
- Performs simple maintenance diagnosis of machines.
- Uses overhead cranes & gantries as well as forklifts & combi lifts to move materials.
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized at all times & assists with keeping other work areas clean & organized.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization and cleanliness in all areas of operation.
- Contributes to team effort be communicating & working well with others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1+ years recent experience in a welding environment desired.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in the English language and contribute to the success of the team.
- Must have demonstrated ability to read blue prints, tape measure and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals. .
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, tugging, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, ability to pick/pinch and work with fingers, repetitive motions of wrists/hands/finger, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Effectively and safely utilizes ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, etc.
- Must be able to work in an open environment for long shifts (including weekends) exposed to extreme temperatures, standing entire shift
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
- Visual acuity to perform visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
Sabre Wide Cultural Elements:
Care: Cares about our customer, each other and the product/outcome they deliver
Curious: Leads with questions to understand the how and why so that we can improve
Compete: Competes with a passion to achieve uncommon results
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!