- Nov , 6
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
UA Mechanical Trade School 8509 Ardwick Ardmore Road, Landover, MD 20785
The Washington, DC Joint Steamfitting Apprentice Committee (Steamfitters Local 602) will accept applications for the 2020 first year class as follows:
Applicants must apply in person at these locations:
UA Mechanical Trade School (8509 Ardwick Ardmore Road, Landover, MD 20785) on the following dates from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Monday, January 6, 2020 Wednesday, January 8, 2020 Friday, January 10, 2020
UAM Steamfitters Local Union 602 (7552 Accotink Park Road, Springfield, VA 22150) on the following dates from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Monday, January 13, 2020 Wednesday, January 15, 2020 Friday, January 17, 2020
Applications must be made in person. There will be a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee at the time of application which is payable in cash or money order only made payable to HPRTF
Requirements for Steamfitter Program: Minimum Age 18 by August 15, 2020 High School Graduate by June 30, 2020 or GED (we do not accept online diplomas)
Presentation of the Following Original Documents must be made at Time of Application (no photocopies accepted):
- Valid driver’s license or state issued Picture Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- County or State issued Birth Certificate, United States Passport or Naturalization Certificate
- DD214 (for veterans of military service only)
- 5. Official Transcript of High School Grades (must be in a sealed envelope from the school and have a raised seal affixed) OR High school seniors must present a letter on school letterhead from a high school official verifying graduation before June 30, 2020 with an Official Transcript of Grades (Sealed and Certified by School). OR GED Scores and certificate (only GEDs that are American Council of Education accredited will be accepted. Visit www.acenet.edu for further information).
Upon completion of your application, you will be eligible to take a math and/or aptitude test. The placement test will be the same day starting as early as 11:00 a.m.
Any and all foreign documents must be accompanied by a translation of that document and a letter from your embassy stating its authenticity. If the document is a diploma and/or transcript, the letter must also document the equivalency of said diploma and/or transcript.
The Apprentice Committee selects students of any race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Apprenticeship Committees are actively recruiting applicants including minorities and females.
Please visit our website for more details at www.steamfitters-602.org