Director, eCommerce Operations
- Winston Salem,NC
- Dec , 2
- Management : General Management
The Director of eCommerce Operations is a key strategic and functional leader with direct oversight for all eCommerce fulfillment, services, third party providers, and operational innovation.
The Director is primarily responsible for the operations that support in-store fulfillment, carryout, and delivery, along with the personnel, facilities, equipment, technology, training, support, partnerships, and related business processes to ensure successful execution. This leader will also have the opportunity to play a major role in crafting the vision, strategy, and implementation of emerging fulfillment formats such as dark stores, warerooms, micro fulfillment centers, delivery and distribution networks.
The Director partners closely with Store Operations, Facilities & Engineering, Asset Protection, Marketing, FP&A, IS, and various subsidiaries within the Alex Lee, Inc. enterprise to ensure a safe, efficient, and well-engineered program. This position is directly responsible for a team of specialists who support our in-store fulfillment teams to help us continually improve our service levels and introduce new ways to serve our guests.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience with eCommerce fulfillment, “Buy Online Pickup in Store” (BOPIS) style operations, and have experience in the areas of retail operations, order fulfillment, and logistics. Knowledge of small-scale warehouse fulfillment and logistics is a plus.
The most successful candidate will be a cross-functional leader who works effectively in a collaborative setting and is comfortable in situations where “the new normal” is continually being re-invented. This is an opportunity to join the Lowes Foods’ fastest-growing and most entrepreneurial sales and engagement channel as we continue to re-define grocery and food retail eCommerce.
- Directly manages a team of field-based specialists and managers who are responsible for training, education, motivation, support, and enablement for our BOPIS eCommerce operations
- Business owner of all operational aspects of our grocery pickup and delivery experience
- Works closely with Facilities and Engineering teams to architect and improve store staging and pickup environments
- Will be directly responsible for building and developing the business unit, programs, and practices around new and emerging fulfillment methods and facilities
- Develops, manages, and grows key programs to drive KPIs for operational accuracy, efficiency, speed, and safety
- Acts as the daily liaison between the eCommerce team and field leadership to ensure operational excellence and consistency
- Oversees creation of analytics regarding operational performance and develops necessary feedback mechanisms
- Develops fulfillment and sales models in support of custom and/or B2B partnership opportunities
- Degree in Business Administration with specialization in supply chain, logistics, and/or industrial engineering
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience and/or in a leadership position in a retail or direct-to-consumer business
- Proven experience negotiating and managing relationships with third party providers
- Experience in and familiarity with the grocery industry is a big plus
- Knowledgeable in eCommerce business practices and resourcing
- Willingness to “invent” and derive new ways to do business in uncharted territory
- Ability to educate, motivate, and steer resources toward a collective goal
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Ability to guide and motivate field-based personnel
- Pleasant, positive, and engaging personality
- Highly organized, and capable of managing a large number of initiatives, vendors, and resources
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally